About Lehigh

Harvey A. Neville

(1961-1964)

Harvey A. Neville, the only faculty member ever elected president, joined Lehigh in 1927 as an assistant professor of chemistry. During his three-year presidency, the first phase of the Saucon Valley athletic complex was completed, and Sayre Field was opened atop South Mountain. The Center for Information and Computing Science was established. Neville, a strong supporter of research on campus, died in 1983.