The Council for Equity and Community
The Council for Equity and Community (CEC) is an independent advisory board comprised of Lehigh staff, faculty, and students committed to serving as a campus resource in the promotion of diversity, equity, and inclusion. We encourage constructive dialogue and work toward building a stronger campus community.
The mission of the CEC is to provide advice and support to the Vice President for Equity and Community (VPEC) and help guide the implementation of Lehigh University's diversity, inclusion, and equity strategic plan. The top strategic goals of this plan are:
- Creating and sustaining a campus culture that acknowledges and celebrates diversity and fosters inclusive excellence.
- Creating and sustaining an institutional infrastructure that effectively supports progress in achieving the goals of the plan.
- Attracting, recruiting, hiring, and retaining a high-quality and diverse faculty and staff dedicated to student development, professional excellence, continuing growth, and diversity and inclusion practices and principles.
- Attracting, recruiting, admitting, and graduating a talented and diverse student body equipped with the necessary socio-cultural competencies to meet the demands of the 21st century global workforce.
The CEC will guide diversity, inclusion, and equity in the areas of advocacy, advancement, and program development. It will provide a mechanism for accountability on institutional change and provide advice on the evolving strategic plan.
- Message to Campus Community 11.9.16 >
- Message to Campus Community 11.8.16 >
- Message to Campus on Climate Survey Recommendations 2.6.16 (PDF) >
- Message to Campus on Climate Survey
11.9.15 (PDF) >
- Message to Campus Community 9.15.15 (PDF) >
- Message to Campus Community 10.31.14 (PDF) >
- Message to Campus Community 9.29.14 (PDF) >
- Message to Campus Community 8.27.14 (PDF) >
- Message to Campus Community 5.21.14 (PDF) >
- Message to Campus on Umoja House Investigation 4.17.14 (PDF) >
- Message to Campus Community 3.31.14 (PDF) >
- Campus Response to Anonymous Social Media (PDF) >