Submit an Event or Announcement
What is the Lehigh Events Calendar?
The events calendar offers a comprehensive listing of Lehigh events, including lectures, conferences, performing arts, exhibitions, athletics, cultural and entertainment activities and more. Learn more about the events calendar >
What is the Upcoming Lehigh Events and Announcements email?
The Upcoming Lehigh Events and Announcements email provides a quick snapshot of Lehigh events for the next seven days and announcements to the entire campus community.
Users can submit events to a single source – the events calendar. Once submitted, events will automatically appear in the events calendar and the daily “Upcoming Lehigh Events and Announcements” email, as well as on the Inside Lehigh web page, digital signs around campus, Lehigh’s Facebook page, smartphone apps, and the campus portal. Users can also submit announcements to be included in the “Upcoming Lehigh Events and Announcements” email.
Feedback from Lehigh students and other members of the campus community helped shape the new and improved Upcoming Lehigh Events and Announcements email digest's easily scannable format optimized for viewing on smart phones.
Is my submission an event or an announcement?
EVENTS must have a time, date, and location and requires participation or attendance. Examples: Bookstore's Annual Faculty/Staff Appreciation Day, Lehigh After Dark at Taylor Gym, Seminar Series | Earth & Environmental Sciences
ANNOUNCEMENTS can have a time, date, location and request for participation but not all items. Examples: Spring Jacob Pool Hours, Lenovo Battery Recall Notice, Loss of Parking in Alumni Building Parking Pavilion
What are the guidelines for submitting an event/announcement?
- Do not submit an announcement/event that contains profanity or the words alcohol, party, gambling or words that are sexual in nature.
- Do not submit full-time, part-time, cooperative education and internship positions. To post students positions, please visit Handshake, the Center for Career & Professional Development recruitment platform. To post staff and faculty positions, please contact Human Resources.
- Volunteer opportunities can be posted if they are not paid and not connected to cooperative education and internships.
- Events must be sponsored by recognized Lehigh University organizations.
- All announcements/events need to be submitted by 3:00 p.m. on the day previous to when they need to appear in the email.
Political Candidate Event Submissions: As Lehigh University is a non-profit institution of higher education that is exempt from federal income tax under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code, the University is prohibited from “participating in, or intervening in (including the publishing or distributing of statements), any political campaign on behalf of (or in opposition to) any candidate for public office.” Announcements of events related to the direct support or opposition to a particular candidate will not be included in the University Calendar of Events listings.
What are the guidelines for event/announcement titles?
- Keep titles short and descriptive. Your title should be less than 60 characters long, including spaces.
- Quotation marks should not be used in your title.
- All caps should not be used in your title.
- Avoid using acronyms in your title.
What are the guidelines for event descriptions?
A strong and clear event description helps market an event: tell users what will happen at the event and what they might get out of attending.
For events, include the most interesting and most important information in the first paragraph. It is read first and needs to engage people quickly.
When will my event or announcement be published?
The calendar and announcements coordinator reviews events and announcements for publication within one business day. All submissions for a next day event or announcement must be submitted by 3:00 p.m.
After an event is reviewed and published by the calendar and announcements coordinator, it will appear immediately in the Lehigh Events Calendar. After an announcement is reviewed and published by the calendar and announcements coordinator, it will appear in the Upcoming Lehigh Events and Announcements email on the date selected by the submitter.
Publication of events and announcements is at the discretion of the calendar and announcements coordinator.
How do I change event or announcement information?
- Log in to the Lehigh Events Calendar
- Click on the event or announcement to edit under 'My Upcoming Events.'
- Make the necessary changes and save.
The calendar and announcements coordinator reviews the edit(s) to the event or announcement and then publishes the change(s).
Where will my event or announcement appear?
EVENTS appear in multiple locations such as the Lehigh Events Calendar, the Inside Lehigh web page, digital signs around campus, Lehigh's Facebook page, mobile apps, the campus portal and the Upcoming Lehigh Events and Announcements email.
The Lehigh Events Calendar offers a comprehensive listing of Lehigh events, including lectures, conferences, performing arts, exhibitions, athletics, cultural and entertainment activities and more. Learn more about the events calendar >
ANNOUNCEMENTS appear in the Upcoming Lehigh Events and Announcements email.
Who receives the Upcoming Lehigh Events and Announcements email?
Each Lehigh account holder is eligible to receive the email.
Can I unsubscribe from the Upcoming Lehigh Events and Announcements email?
The email is deemed important enough to be directed to everyone, but not critical enough to force you to read. Unsubscribe from the “Upcoming Lehigh Events and Announcements” email >
Can my event be a "featured event" on the Events Calendar and the Upcoming Lehigh Events and Announcements email?
The calendar and announcements coordinator selects events to be listed on the featured events page and Upcoming Lehigh Events and Announcements email per the below criteria:
- Hallmark events such as Commencement, Kenner Lecture, MLK Speaker, Founders Day, Tresolini Lecture, Gruhn Speaker
- Events that highlight the variety of academics and colleges, arts and entertainment, student life and campus involvement, athletics and development and training events throughout the year
- Events open to multiple audiences in the Lehigh community
- Events which have a unique photo
To suggest an event to be featured, contact the calendar and announcement coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or (610) 758-4487. Please include the date and title of your event.
Contact the calendar and announcement coordinator at email@example.com or (610) 758-4487.
Last updated August 2018.